About Red Tide:
Red Tide is a New York City masters team for over twenty years. Red Tide members range from novice swimmers to USMS national and world titleholders as well as runners, cyclists and triathletes. Our members are locally based to globetrotting professionals who enjoy the camaraderie and competition that are part of Red Tide.
About Master’s Swim workouts:
- A master’s swim is a continuous swim workout.
- Master’s swim workouts include a mix of drills and continuous swimming.
- A master’s swim workout is not a lesson. It is a coached swim set, with emphasis on building endurance.
- Swimmers can expect to swim an average of 1500 – 3000 meters per workout.
- Swimmers will be divided into lanes based on pace / ability. Pace lanes will range from ~1:00/100m to ~2:30/100m.
- Workouts will focus primarily on freestyle. However, all 4 swim strokes (free, fly, back, breast) may be covered. (athletes are not required to swim all 4 strokes)
- Workouts are typically 60 or 90 minutes. Athletes who are not conditioned for that duration swim are welcome to take additional rest breaks as needed, or leave the workout early until they build up endurance to swim for the full workout.