New to triathlon? Fear not! Our beginner program will prepare you for the 2XU NYC Triathlon in just 12 weeks. Complete with coached workouts, clinics and race day support, you’ll cross the finish line ready for more!
We will host an introductory info session for all program participants at Finish Line Physical Therapy before the program begins. We strongly recommend that program participants attend the info session, as we cover a lot of helpful information, give you an opportunity to get all your questions answered and meet your team of coaches and your fellow group participants! Our first workout will be on Monday, April 29th.
12 14 Week Detailed Training Plan to follow (2 bonus weeks of pre-season base training)
• Personal Training Peaks Account (FREE) to log workouts and track progress
• 12-Weeks of Coached Group Workouts on Monday, Tuesday & Thursday nights*
• Informational Clinics on Triathlon Basics
• Instructional Swim Lessons AND Open Water Swim Clinic**
• Race Day Support from Empire Coaches
• Free Empire Tech-T and Headsweats Hat
• Discounts & shopping nights at local partner shops
• Beginner Program “Meet the Team” Info Session
• Monthly Team Socials throughout the program
• Discounts on all Empire Tri Club training & racing apparel
• Discounts at local indoor training facilities from our partners and sponsors
• Discounts on private swim lessons and personal training sessions
Team Race: 2XU NYC Triathlon*+
Sunday, July 21, 2019
New York, NY
Olympic Distance: .93 mi swim, 25 mi bike, 6.2 mi run
*+ In this program, we will also offer a tune up race 5 weeks prior to the NYC Tri for athletes to practice racing a sprint before the big event. Any athlete who wishes to use this program to train for the sprint only (or a different Olympic distance race) may certainly do so. It is not required to do the NYC Tri, to participate in this program.
Tune Up Race: Wyckoff Triathlon
Date: Saturday, June 15th
Franklin Lakes, NJ
Sprint Distance: 1/2 mi Swim, 17 mi Bike, 5 mi Run
*Empire Tri Club will conduct weekly workouts, clinics, and special events specifically tailored to preparing you for your first triathlon. This program is suitable for all levels. Pace groups will be formed and various distance options will be offered. Every athlete comes into this program with a different athletic background, so if you believe you would benefit from more than just 12 weeks of training, we recommend participating in Beginner Program Session 1 first, as a segway into this program and/or purchasing the extra support package. Group rides will be held on Mondays at 7pm in Central Park. Group Core+4 (cardio/strength) workouts will be held on Tuesdays at 7pm in Central Park. Group runs will be held on Thursdays at 7pm in Central Park. Meet 15 minutes prior to workout on the SW corner of Central Park at Columbus Circle. Race entry fee not included.
**Program will include 2 swim lessons (Date, time and location will be announced soon) as well as 1 Open Water Swim Clinic of your choice. Athletes may sign up for additional open water swim clinics at a discount and additional small group instructional pool swim programs at a discounted rate.