Empire Tri Club is excited to announce our first ever virtual 10k!
Friday 4/16/20 – Sunday 4/19/20
April 18th was supposed to be our first team race of the season (ITU World Triathlon Bermuda) – and while we unfortunately can’t be in Bermuda enjoying the sun and sand together, we can still get excited about a team event and have something to look forward to.
Here are the details:
1. Make a homemade race number and finisher medal with materials you find around your home. (Family members are welcome to help with this!)
2. Pin your race number to your favorite Empire Tri Club shirt. (You may do this event in any Empire gear of your choice – tri top, long sleeve run shirt, tech t, run jacket, etc. New to the club and don’t have team gear yet? Be creative!
3. Run your 10k (the focus of this event is not speed but if you wish to “race it” you are welcome to!)
4.You’re encouraged to record your run on Strava, Training Peaks or any other workout tracking site (but it’s not required).
5. At the end of your run, put on your finishers medal and take a picture!
6. Post on Facebook and/or Instagram with hashtag #EmpireTriVirtualRace and #EmpireTri
All finishers will receive a badge of completion that you can post on your wall! A special creativity badge will be awarded to one person who has the most creative race bib and finisher medal! Get creative! Make it festive and fun!
Your Virtual 10k can be completed anytime between Friday 4/16 and Sunday 4/19 to be eligible for a finisher badge. Be safe!! Remember to complete this run Solo and follow social distancing guidelines!
This event is free and everyone is encouraged to participate. If you wish to use this event to benefit a greater cause, feel free to make an optional donation to a charity of your choice that benefits NYC Healthcare workers.
Have fun! I look forward to seeing your pictures and posts!.