The COVID-19 pandemic has had a profound impact on the multisport community at large. Empire Tri Club is continuing to monitor the situation and keep club members informed of information as it becomes available including updates about races and safe training guidelines. While social distancing guidelines remain in effect, we will limit and monitor our in-person group workouts. We are committed to providing our athletes with camaraderie, support and a sense of community by hosting virtual clinics, workouts and info sessions whenever possible.
Some of the things that Empire Tri Club has recently done to adapt to the situation include:
- Launching a new team communication app – Group Spot
- Hosting a free Group Spot app info session with the founder
- Hosting a live tire changing clinic on Zoom
- Hosting a weekly live strength training classes on Zoom for club members only
- Hosting a weekly live strength training session on Instagram – open to the public
- Offering virtual team training rides on Zwift & Rouvy 2-3x a week
- Posting various workout challenges on Social Media
- Hosting virtual team socials on Zoom
- Hosting live virtual yoga classes on Zoom
- Publishing a training plan for members to follow on Training Peaks
- Adjusting our training plan to include only workouts that athletes are able to complete at this time due to social distancing guidelines
- Creating our first ever Virtual 10k event
- Rolling out a new badge system to reward members for hitting certain milestones or participating in team events
- Hosting a Q&A session with Coaches about how to adjust your training plan with the uncertainty of our race season
- Hosting a live injury prevention clinic with Finish Line Physical Therapy
- Adapting our 12-week beginner tri program to be virtual until further notice
- Hosting our NYC Tri Program that concluded with the virtual NYC Tri
- Mailing care packages to Empire Tri Club’s healthcare workers
- Offering assistance to club members in need who have tested positive for the Coronavirus
- Hosting virtual team races including a team 10K and team duathlon in place of Wyckoff Triathlon
- Hosting a weekly Coaches’s Corner live Zoom with triathlon education and Q&A with our team coaches
- Creating a fall marathon and half marathon program including tailored Coaches Corner Zoom sessions, a new training plan and weekly tips, building towards a virtual team race in November.
- We launched our first Empire book club
- Re-introducing in-person strength training sessions in Central Park with Empire Tri Club Coaches
- Hosting a series of in-person workouts/clinics with the therapists from Clutch PT
- Special events with guests including Sue Reynolds, Joe Friel, Ironman, Dina Griffin, Lauren Antonucci and more
- Additional clinics, info sessions, guest speakers and workouts regularly being added!
Being alone does not mean you have to feel lonely! We are a TEAM and continue to support one another, no matter the circumstance. We continue providing guidance, motivation, and information throughout these difficult times and do whatever we can to help the multi-sport community thrive on a global scale by working with larger organizations including Ironman, USA Triathlon and Triathlete Magazine.
We will resume with outdoor in-person group training as soon as it is safe and we are permitted to do so. If you have any questions about any of the above events / apps or would like more information on how to participate please don’t hesitate to reach out!
All of the above events are FREE to Empire Tri Club members. Not a member? Sign up for a free 2-week trial to see what we’re all about. We are still accepting new members and welcome you to join our team! To sign up, click here.
Questions? Contact email@example.com or call Alison @ 201-218-3805. I will do my best to get back to you ASAP and appreciate your patience as we are operating with limited staff and hours.
Empire Tri Club
Co-Founder & Head Coach