Empire Tri Club has partnered with Red Tide Master’s Swim Team, New York City’s premier swim team for over twenty years. Our partnership offers Empire Tri Club Members discounted access to coach-lead master’s swim workouts year-round taught by some of NYC’s most accomplished swimmers and coaches.
About Master’s Swim workouts:
- A master’s swim class is a continuous swim workout.
- Master’s swim workouts include a mix of drills and continuous swimming.
- A master’s swim class is not a lesson. It is a coached swim set, with emphasis on building endurance.
- Swimmers can expect to swim an average of 2000 – 3000+ meters per workout.
- Swimmers will be divided into 5-6 lanes based on pace / ability.
- Workouts will focus primarily on freestyle. However, all 4 swim strokes (free, fly, back, breast) may be covered.
- Workouts are 60-90 minutes. Athletes who are not conditioned for that length of swim are welcome to take additional rest breaks as needed, or leave the workout early until they build up endurance to swim for the full duration of the workout.
NOTE: A USMS membership is required. Purchase one here for $51/year