PLEASE CHECK WWW.REDTIDENYC.ORG FREQUENTLY FOR SCHEDULE CHANGES/UPDATES!
Empire Tri Club members who purchase a Red Tide Swim Membership have access to ALL coached swim workouts on the Red Tide Schedule.
About Red Tide:
Red Tide is a New York City masters team for over twenty years. Red Tide members range from novice swimmers to USMS national and world titleholders as well as runners, cyclists and triathletes. Our members are locally based to globetrotting professionals who enjoy the camaraderie and competition that are part of Red Tide.
About Master’s Swim workouts:
- A master’s swim class is a continuous swim workout.
- Master’s swim workouts include a mix of drills and continuous swimming.
- A master’s swim class is not a lesson. It is a coached swim set, with emphasis on building endurance.
- Swimmers can expect to swim an average of 1500 – 3000 meters per workout.
- Swimmers will be divided into lanes based on pace / ability. Pace lanes will range from ~1:00/100m to ~2:30/100m.
- Workouts will focus primarily on freestyle. However, all 4 swim strokes (free, fly, back, breast) may be covered. (athletes are not required to swim all 4 strokes)
- Workouts are 60 minutes. Athletes who are not conditioned for a 60 min swim are welcome to take additional rest breaks as needed, or leave the workout early until they build up endurance to swim for the full 60 minutes.
Ready to take the plunge?
STEP 1: Sign Up for a Red Tide Master’s Swim Membership.
- Select from the following options: 5-class or 10-class card, monthly unlimited
- We also offer a free trial class if you want to try it out before committing
STEP 2: Become a member of U.S. Masters Swimming (USMS)
- Purchase a USMS / LMSC Annual Membership for $60. A USMS membership is mandatory and must be renewed annually. Please note: it is very important that you use the proper USMS club code when filling out the USMS application. When you get to the page called “Affiliations” select the following:
- Selected LMSC: Metropolitan
- Club: Red Tide (REDT)
What you need to know:
- Once you purchase a Red Tide Membership through our website, you will receive a receipt via email. Print your receipt and bring it to your first workout (along with your USMS membership card or receipt)!
- Athletes who purchase a 5 or 10-Class Card will be issued a Red Tide punch card at their first workout.
- Swimmers must bring either their punch card or unlimited swim pass to EACH swim workout.
- These Red Tide Swim Memberships are an Add-On to your Tri Club membership. Athletes must have an Empire Tri Club membership in good standing in order to purchase a monthly unlimited or Class Card through ETC.
- Red Tide swim memberships are non-refundable and non-transferable
- Class cards are valid for three months from the date of purchase
- Monthly unlimited memberships will auto-renew each month. There is no minimum commitment and athletes can cancel at any time by notifying us in writing (email@example.com) with 30-days notice.
Click here for additional details including pool location, what to bring, where to meet, etc.