Train for your first triathlon!
PLEASE NOTE: We are still planning to host this program. Please see below for a list of adaptations we are making to the program while social distancing measures are in place due to COVID19.
New to triathlon? Fear not! Our beginner program will prepare you for your first triathlon in just 12 weeks. Complete with coached workouts, clinics and race day support, you’ll cross the finish line ready for more!
SESSION #2: April 27 – July 19, 2020
This program will prepare athletes for the Verizon NYC Triathlon! The race is an Olympic Distance (1.5k swim, 40k bike, 10k run)
Need a little extra support? Sign up for the extra support package which includes a consultation and 3 personal training sessions!
We will host an introductory info session for all program participants on Zoom when the program begins. This will give you an opportunity to get all your questions answered and meet your team of coaches and your fellow athletes! We will record and publish the session for anyone who misses it live.
• 12 Week Detailed Training Plan to follow
• Personal Training Peaks Account (FREE) to log workouts and track progress
• 12-Weeks of Coach Lead Virtual Group Workouts via Zoom & Zwift
• Free Kohort Account – Empire Tri Club’s new mobile communication app
• Informational Clinics on Triathlon Basics (hosted virtually via Zoom until we are able to resume in-person meet-ups)
• Instructional Swim Lessons AND Open Water Swim Clinic**
• Race Day Support from Empire Coaches
• Free Empire Tech-T and Headsweats Hat
• Online Discounts & team shopping events
• Free virtual races and weekly challenges built into the program
• Virtual “Meet the Team” Info Session
• Monthly Team Socials throughout the program
• Discounts on all Empire Tri Club training & racing apparel
• Discounts from our partners and sponsors
Click here for more information about how Empire Tri Club is adapting to COVID19.
** If we are unable to host our open water swim clinic series and pool sessions as planned, we will either offer you to attend make up classes at a later date, or offer alternative options such as 1 on 1 virtual coaching calls or additional clinics and events not originally included in the program. Our training plan will include posted workouts for athletes who do not have an indoor bike trainer or Zwift account.
Team Race: Verizon NYC Triathlon*+
Sunday, July 19, 2020
New York, NY
Olympic Distance: .93 mi swim, 25 mi bike, 6.2 mi run
Team Race: Wyckoff / Franklin Lakes Triathlon
Date: Saturday, June 20th
Franklin Lakes, NJ
Sprint Distance: 1/2 mi Swim, 17 mi Bike, 5 mi Run
*+ This program will include a tune up race 4 weeks prior to the NYC Tri for athletes wishing to do a sprint before racing an Olympic. Any athlete who wishes to use this program to train for the sprint only (or a different Olympic distance race) may certainly do so. It is not required to do the NYC Tri, to participate in this program. We cannot guarantee that the races will go on as scheduled but will keep athletes informed of any information as soon as we receive it, and will ensure that you’re properly trained and prepared for the events should the races take place even if we cannot meet up in person.
Empire Tri Club will conduct weekly workouts, clinics, and special events specifically tailored to preparing you for your first triathlon, given the equipment, facilities and resources available to you. This program is suitable for all levels. We will continue to monitor the COVID19 situation and adapt the program as necessary until we’re able to resume our normal group training schedule.